Thursday, January 30, 2014

Time for a Change

Are you getting bored with your current look in your bedroom?  There are ways to change up your bedroom without spending tons of money.  A few simple changes can make it feel like you have a whole new bedroom.  You can learn more at apartment therapy.

1. Clean your sheets. Nestling in between freshly laundered sheets is probably the easiest and cheapest way to feel like you're in a new room. If you're feeling fancy, try adding some homemade linen spray.
2. Make your bed. While I have a hard time keeping my bedroom as neat as I'd like, I always make my bed. Even if there's some stuff on the floor and your hamper's full of dirty laundry, a made bed gives a bedroom a sense of order.
3. Clear off or minimize clutter on dresser tops. Lots of little things tend to accumulate on my nightstand (glasses and mugs, mostly) and my husband's dresser (e.g., baseball hats and receipts). A quick sweep can make your room instantly better organized and cleaner looking.
4. Bring in flowers or a plant. The January Cure teaches all of us how refreshing it is to have some fresh greenery. Drop a few dollars at the grocery store or, if you have a sunny spot, relocate one of the succulents you have sunbathing in another room. At least in my world, greenery is happiness.
5. Rearrange artwork. Switching up what hangs where is a free way to change how your room looks and, in my experience, is a good way to get started thinking creatively.

0comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More